Teen Lawn Care - Learn How Kids and Teenagers Can Make Money with a Yard Business
Home | Get Updates Via RSS | Get Updates Via Email | Why Get Updates? | Profile | Rescources | Advertise
Business | Services | Equipment | Spring/Summer | Fall | Winter | Product Reviews | Question and Answer | Inspiration | Rescources | Unlabeled

Blogs I Like

JuniorBiz - Young people, grownup business!
Blog written by Nick Tart about young business

The Lawn Blog
Blog written by Richard Murphy all about lawn care and lawn business

Kelly's Lawn Care Blog
Blog written by Kelly Burke about lawn care

Life and Lawns - Lawn Care Tips Blog
Blog written by Allyn Paul that discusses lawn care

When to Advertise Your Teen Lawn Business

If you are looking for more customers for your teen lawn service, which is almost always the case, you might not always be sure about when you should advertise. Well, I have some ideas that might help you.

My basic principle is that the best time to advertise is just a little bit before the season starts. Where I live, late Feburary and early March are good times to be advertising for lawn mowing. Also, at this time you can advertise for services like mulching. For leaf raking, you are probably going to want to be advertising in September. I wouldn't suggest advertsing for snow shoveling by itself. I mean, you could put that you snow shovel, too on an advertisment for leaf raking, but I have found that generally, advertisments for snow shoveling don't tend to be very effective. For snow shoveling, door to door with your shovel is good enough.

However, this year, I'm in a tight spot. I am taking some tough courses in school, which means homework is plentiful. And, I'm playing ultimate, which will be three hours for two days a week, not including Saturday games. I have Boy Scouts on Tuesday nights, and my Sundays are packed with church stuff. My buddy, with whom I mow lawns with, will have less time than me to do anything. So, honestly, we can't advertise early, because we can't be mowing lawns this spring, and we can't mow for anyone but the few clients we already have. But we are looking ahead to the summer.

If you won't have time to mow lawns in the spring, you will need to start advertising when you will have time. For me, that's in June. I'm going to market like a maniac, using several different advertsing strategies.

So, advertise when you can, but advertise as early as you can. Good luck attaining new clients for your teen lawn service!

Labels:


If you enjoyed this post, recieve notification of the latest posts via RSS or via email:

I will never rent, sell, or share your email address



Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Get Updates

RSS Get Updates Via RSS

Subscribe to my RSS feed

What is RSS?

Get Updates Via Email
join our mailing list
* indicates required

About Teen Lawn Care

Mow Lawns for Money

Teen Lawn Care is a blog to help you succeed as a teen lawn entrepreneur. I use my firsthand experience to help you make your lawn business the best it can be. <<See first post

Sponsors